Monday, August 8, 2016

Baby Steps

I had to stay away for almost a week. Summer colds with phlegm and cough should not be brought around Jason. Calling everyday killed me. When I saw him the first thing I wanted to do was hug and kiss him. I had heard he had been doing well, more verbal, more lucid. Able to carry conversations and be rational. When I saw him he outstretched his arms  with an expressionless stare. I hugged him and kissed him, praying no germs were exchanged. I bought along his brother/ sister and his cousins visiting from Texas.

He was happy to see them and gave a little smile. Watching them as they dispersed themselves around his room. I brought his 3 year old cousin Davin in front of him, and re-introduced them as cousins. Jason said hi. Matching Davin's responses word for word appropriately. 

Tristan noticed the exchange and came to wedge himself between his brother and his cousin, "No Davin, it's my brother Jason."

Jason smiled wide and looked at Tristan,"jealous?" He said laughing.

My son is in there and he is slowly coming out.

No comments:

Post a Comment