Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Godzilla

Jason is Godzilla. They hiss his name like the panicked Japanese villagers when he comes down the hall because there is no telling what version of Jason is coming. He had an episode. 3 in one 24 HR period. Chemo is 2 days past due. This is what happens when you let the disease get over on your anniversary. Your sleep deprived, summer respiratory infection riddled mom has to roll out of bed and drive like a bat out of hell to your hospital to stay Godzilla watch. The alternative of calling strangers to handle you and take you to another hospital with more strangers that don't know how to handle you, hurts her heart too much.

I love you Jason. One day when this is all over, I just want to see you healthy and well. Then maybe I will be impressed enough with this disease to cry my eyes out on all the shit it has done to you, and done to me.

For now, ain't nobody got time for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment