Monday, June 27, 2016

A World Of Prayer

I was raised to believe that worshipping statues and honoring symbols were acts of satanism. Jehovah Witnesses denounce he Catholic Church for it, but I think they don't understand.

I think for some people statues and symbols bring something tangible to help them form the bond of intimacy. Like going to church. Church is a symbolic place- is it not? Why should I have to get dressed in a certain fashion and go to this one place to show how much I want to praise God of God is everywhere? I was an inquisitive child who got scolded a lot because of my mouth.

The point is, sometimes these symbols are just the megaphone for the feeling now. I read somewhere that the streets call it "vibes" church calls it "spirits"- it's a feeling of conscious that takes over that leads you to believe that someone or something is listening or taking control. This is what going to Christ in Brazil must be like. That extra you need to let ti know God is listening. I think he is.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment