Wednesday, June 8, 2016

I Need A Minute

You try real hard not to break down. You have to. To breakdown in a crowded place with a ton of people is to put on a show and I am not about that life. I bury my pain and I promise to let it out later and so far later had not come yet.

I don't have Dr Hoenig to look away as he talks to me anymore. I don't have that reassuring person who tells me he will be 100% anymore. I cling to the words of Dr Hoenig because that is all I have even though he is not in the picture.

I asked because no one has talked about it in a while. I had to ask because - well I had to. 
"Are there any long term effects I should be aware of? Even the girl
Who wrote the book is not 100% as she claims. Everyone who knew her before thinks she is a little more impulsive, more ADHD."

She paused for a long time before she began...

"Well, the recent findings are that patience sometimes exhibit early signs of dementia..."

I stopped breathing again. I know I did because the spots came and then I had to breathe fast and hard. 

"We don't know, to tell you the truth. We just don't know. There are so many variables in those other patients that showed the signs of Dementia..."

"So after all this... I might never get him back?"

"It's just so hard to say Irene."


No comments:

Post a Comment