Saturday, June 25, 2016

Once upon a time...


At 2:20 in the morning on a cold November night...Jason's lungs collapsed. He was taken to ICU and a doctor told me, he wouldn't lie to me... He could die. I remember up to his rush to ICU and then the rest of the night is fragmented. Mosaic pieces trying to be kept together in my psyche because I was already cracked by this point but with that news something else ripped.
I could never imagine a better day at that moment. The thought of something happening to him broke me. I begged God not to let him go. I begged endlessly... I had to have faith that a better day would come and an army of people prayed for me because I needed them to.
7 months later on my bday... I got a better day...

 
No where near where he was. But definitely on the road to getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment