Friday, February 19, 2016

Insurance Mobsters

Jason continues to make progress. He walked the hallways with minimal help and got on his IPad to "shop". While this sounds normal, trust me it isn't. It's an accepted "new way" where he seems almost perfect for 5 minutes of his life to perform these tasks then he mumbles incoherently and his eyes roll in the back of his head and the insidious ANMDARE takes over.

Chemo is on the horizon. Have to hold visits for a while as his immune system is compromised again. I was going to open the doors for visits but-hold on again. Insurance playing the finger pointing game because on a calendar year my birthday comes before the sperm donor's. I prefer the sperm donor's insurance because I was on it once before and know all the tricks, but now that I have a good gig the law dictates that mommy take care of this.

Jason could have had treatment already but bullshit had to be injected between Jason's welfare and the people willing to insure it. 

Everyday I am back at work, committed to keeping him insured and to stay ahead of the medical bills who will not leave me unscathed. Even with the donations and gofundme Jason's medical bills are a real factor in my life. Trying for institutional Medicaid and praying it offers relief-even of just a short time.

This life is crazy. Dealing with work and everyday home life and having a sick child who is a full time job in and of himself. The fact that I manage to stay sane is an Insane concept to me. No meds! No fucking meds! Au Natural I swallow news of setbacks or  fuckups at work or needs of the family. I think others are crazier. The ones who know my situation but don't handle me like I can break at anytime are even crazier than me. 

I guess I am probably not crazy-but just overwhelmed and tired. Crazy people don't self diagnose and know they're crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment