Thursday, September 29, 2016

The Fight for CBD

I started the conversation for something still not available to NMDARE patients in NEw York. CBD. The non-hallucinogenic cannabanoid that offers a relaxing effect as well as promotes the annihilation of tumor growth, and tumor blood supply.

Jason was on Haldol. A well known drug with a very high dispensing threshold. His behavior limited our options. The Hulk needs to be held back with something. He stepped up from zyprexa to Haldol. Haldol caused him Parkinson's like effects that required him to also be put on Cogentin.

I wasn't happy about this. But there was little choice I had. I am not a pharmacist. I can only go by what I am offered and fight down from there. I did my own research and found CBD. I am advocating for it. Working on a major  step toward it and I always feel like Noah back in the days of the ark. With doctors and a team that want to stick with what they know and what someone else proved worked. They are afraid. Hesitant. Unwilling to make a commitment like me towards advocating it. It's illegal still in New York and NMDARE is not on the approved list to have it. But I can't sit idle. I can't wait for someone else to be the pioneer. I found something that may be able to change the world for sufferers of this horrific disease. I found something that may help Jason. I am going to ride this bitch until the wheels fall off. I won't be in JAMA but maybe the doctors will. I'll take the risk and the fall of it fails. But I will do absolutely anything to try to help Jason. Anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment