Thursday, May 19, 2016

Perceptions of Children

Sammi asked me, "Mommy why are you sad?" I didn't know what she was talking about. I was there sitting on the couch feeling fine. I was watching her and Tristan play when she turned to me and said that. "What are you talking about?" I said maybe a little too on the defensive. "Your face mommy. It was like this"-she showed a frown-"like that mommy." I still had no idea what she was talking about I felt fine. "How about now?" I gave her a ridiculously cheesy grin and tickled her. She squealed and ran to get Tristan to join in. Later that night she took my phone and snapped this picture. Knowing full if she had said it again without proof I probably would not have believed her again. "You see mommy, you look sad."
Apparently, I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment