Friday, May 27, 2016

Slipping In The Side Eye

It's working. I want to run through the streets screaming at the top of my lungs until my bronchial tubes are bursting like fire crackers one by one!

It's WORKING!!!!!!!

Jason has remained Bruce Banner. And every day for a little bit longer he is becoming a Bruce Banner that is recognizable. Everyday he is doing something, sometimes just very slightly, but nonetheless obviously Jason.

He's not ready to call you and tell you what he remembers. He isn't ready to leave the hospital. His texts and coherency levels and capability are still hit and miss. We are still Far from that but if you see where he IS from where he has been-you get it. You understand and you will want to run with me. 

They advised me to hit him with the hard stuff and I didn't! They tried to scare the shit out of me! But I stood my ground. The best recommendations was not to use the treatment he is on now because "it wouldn't work" and I pushed for it anyway!

I don't know shit about medicine. I know my son and I know when I think I have good chances. Thank you God for guiding me. Thank you God for proving me right!!!!

Months ago I was so afraid to make these decisions regarding medications. Who the hell Knows what big Pharma has in this stuff. All the Product information on these meds are pages long and in small print. They can drive you crazy. They drove me. I went on recommendations. Instinct and body language of those advising me.

Medicine is a practice not an absolute. 

When things don't make sense- I have declined. When the doctors don't know how to answer me- I pushback. The decisions on my son's care are subject to acceptance and approval. I vetoed several and I cringed at some I have allowed.

This one decision, so far, has been a good one. I want it to continue that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment