Saturday, January 23, 2016

Miracles Happen Every Day

On the first day of the 2016 Bizzard in NYC the Governor declared a state of emergency. I am at the hospital - day 2. I face-timed with my husband and babies heartbroken that my fractured family is in two very distinct places for a variety of reasons. I have gone out 4 times now to clean off my car. I am not attempting to leave the hospital for another day, but I don't want to clean off a mountain of snow when I do. I am here for Jason, caring for him and snowed in with him. Much the same as Paul Walker in Hours. I hear the nurses grumbling about wanting to go home. A few have called out leaving  the burden of caring for the stir crazy kids to the tired and weary.  I get it, I want to go home too. But I can't, because Jason can't. And I cannot be away from him.

He looked at me again. That amazingly beautiful look full of his personality and his intelligence that comes through in very rare moments. I was talking about Bachata to Rosa and Arya. Jason was captain of his Junior High ballroom dancing team. I was so proud of him. I went to the competition and although he came in third in my eyes he was number 1. He knows. He knows How much I miss him. He knows When I need a fix. He sat at the edge of the bed and pushed us away to allow him to stand. Then he held my hand in perfect form and looked into my face. 

The room was quiet, as we waited to see what his next move would be.

With a slow deliberate sway he did the bachata two step with me. Then he smiled.

On this freezing, white out day where people curse the world for slowing life and time: I thank you God for allowing me this moment with my baby.


2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift to see Jason do the bachata. Tears of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful gift to see Jason do the bachata. Tears of happiness.

    ReplyDelete