Thursday, January 28, 2016

Opinions on Chaos

We were transported ALS to a second opinion. ALS means "advanced life support" for all of you who think further ahead about his progress. Just because he dribbled a basketball and gave me a peace sign, sadly it's not over. We are still in it. I met a neurologist who helped the success story I met. She saw us right away and took great care in evaluating him and giving her opinion. Her and I see eye to eye and are aligned with Jason's plan for treatment. She was overruled by her supervising neurologist who came in with her 2nd hand information and decided to offer something completely different.

The supervising doctor is going to talk to the neurologist at rehab and offer her opinions. In the end, regardless of her titles I am the Final say so. You don't pump my kid with stuff without my say so.

Medicine is a practice. 

It is not an absolute.

Don't be bullied into treatment ever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment