Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Cats In The Cradle

And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man in the moon
"When you coming home, dad?" "I don't know when
But we'll get together then
You know we'll have a good time then."
Well, he came from college just the other day
So much like a man, I just had to say
"Son, I'm proud of you. Can you sit for a while?"
He shook his head, and he said with a smile
"What I'd really like, dad, is to borrow the car keys
See you later; can I have them please?"
And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon
Little boy blue and the man in the moon
"When you coming home, son?" "I don't know when
But we'll get together then, dad
You know we'll have a good time then."
-Cats in the Cradle
I went straight home yesterday from work. 24 hrs without seeing Jason. I called and face timed and made sure he was okay. Driving nurses crazy and walking to the elevator without assistance because he "has to go".
I took a minute to go home and shower my little babies with kisses and hugs and show them how much I miss and love them. They both gave me a typical hello hug and kiss when I came in. After getting settled I went for more. Tristan was playing with his toy train. I asked my curly haired cherub for besitos. He put up his hand and did not look at me, "you gotta wait." He said unmoved by my pleading look. I had to blink back my smile and gave him a look of surprise. 
I sat over at the kids plastic table and my 5 year old princess walked over. One hand on her hip, her head cocked to the side and her other hand using a finger to point downward.
"Um, mommy, I was sitting there. Don't you see I am coloring there?, she asked me matter of factly.
Again, my look of surprise and a smile curled the corners of my mouth, wrinkling the cut left there from Jason's nails and hurting me a little bit.
"Oh, so I guess I am nobody anymore. I just pay the rent?"
Tristan, not looking up from his train set, "yea mommy, you pay rent and be quiet."

No comments:

Post a Comment