Tuesday, April 26, 2016

The Glamorous Life

I get to the hospital usually about 9PM. Jason has usually just fallen asleep. Start his laundry, get the latest from the nurse and his 1-1, talk to Bibi or Christine and settle in. I open my laptop and do some work. Stop when Jason wakes up and tries to leave. I walk over stand by the door, sternly speak to him, have him yell at me and passive/aggressively comply. This dance goes on all night. I sleep in short naps. Never entering REM sleep. His nights have been better. No outbursts. No one getting hurt. He's not completely manageable but better now that I am there. At 5AM I make Jason microwave pancakes, give him yogurt and juice and drive home. Usually I make it in time to see Carmelo leave, sometimes not. Wake the babies. We all shower and dress. Tristan to his bus, I drive Samantha to school. I go to work. Work a full day, between 6-6:30PM I leave and head home. kiss the kids hello, tell them I love them before they are whisked away for a bath and bed. Every night Carmelo wants me to stay home longer. With every passing night I know how tired I am and how bad it is for me to drive later and later. I always decline without explaining why. He always seems annoyed. I leave quickly and make it back to the hospital to start it all over again. Envy me much?for those who have seen how much weight I lost: this is my workout plan. I am 100% committed to it. If you can commit to this you can do it too.

I started giving Jason 8 oz of Acai juice daily through his G-Tube. I am desperate. Well maybe not totally. I was told to rub an egg on his head and I refused. But I am going holistic in an effort to help
Him. Omega3 Fish oil and Acai. I will let you know how it goes. I have a few other holistic gems to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment