Thursday, April 21, 2016

The Night's Watch

I woke up several times last night. Apparently I have acquired the instincts of a cat. Jason coughs, flinches, turns over in bed and my spine snaps up and I am in a mode ready to take him down if I have to. I slept across from him on the battered sofa that is an alleged pullout bed,(I have never had the luxury of using in such a capacity.) Wonder Woman sneakers laced and kept on all night "red to go" should the exorcist pay a visit tonight.

She didn't. All was well.
The nurses and aides were happy.
Jason stayed in his room and was calm.

My phone stopped working yesterday. The one I paid too much money for only 2 years ago and I refuse to pay for again. I'm about to tincan it for a while in protest. I refuse to drop another couple of hundred dollars on a phone. I refuse.
My little ones are sick. So is my mom.
I don't have any more people to dispatch or money to pay anyone else while Carmelo and I keep our family from imploding by going to work.

You know how guilty it feels just to try to do the right thing? Like seriously can I get cut some fucking slack here universe?? Was I really a fucking karmic demon in a past life?

Today's post was brought to you by the letters "W", "T" and "F"

No comments:

Post a Comment