Friday, April 29, 2016

We Made The Team

Nights with Jason have been getting better. By no means are they perfect. But there is less pushing and shoving every night and he is becoming easier to redirect. Last night as I sat across from his bed on the couch working from my laptop in the wee hours of the morning he put on his headphones and listened to music from his phone. Jason is still no where near 100% but having his phone is one of the few things that brings him comfort and helps him feel normal. I could hear Drake blasting in the earphones, but he was quietly listening and seemed soothed by the noise. 
Then he started Karaoke:

"Started from the bottom now we here! Started from the bottom" - he points at me and his aide- "now my whole team's fucking here."

The aide and I looked at each other in amused surprise.

Guess we part of the squad now, huh Jason?

No comments:

Post a Comment