Thursday, December 10, 2015

It's Not Like The Movies

You see in the movies, the doctors are these people who come and mostly speak in absolutes. The tell you a diagnosis, matter-factly discuss treatment and every time they come you cling to the news and don't question it. That's not real life. That is not how it really is. Doctors are people like you and me. They have good days and bad, some understand things better than others. Some doctors are conservative with treatment, some aggressive, some even lax. But it is not like the movies. They have to have checks and balances. You have to understand what is going on. There are no secrets and if they need to teach you and explain than it is what it is.
There are medicines and dosages and regimens that need to be addressed. I never thought I would see the day when I would have to discuss my son's treatment with a team of people. I never thought this would be my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment