Monday, December 14, 2015

The Care You Recieve

Like I have said before, there are some people who are great at their jobs and others-not so much. After leaving ICU we are now being handled by the nurse practitioner team. It's a trilogy of them lead by a doctor. Of the 3 I definitely have a favorite and her name is Beth. She is the most personable.

When this started I had a lot of expectations and that's what caused a lot of problems. I thought everyone was like me, common sense, common courtesy, common knowledge but you know what that was a lot to ask for. Different people are raised different ways, have different etiquette and see different ways of "doing their job" as acceptable. I have learned that while I may not agree it is not always necessarily wrong. Then again, there are times when it is just grossly wrong and someone needs to intervene to correct it.

The nurse practitioner handling Jason today is my least favorite. She's the one who sometimes answers important questions I have with "I don't know, I am just covering." That is not acceptable. 

Waiting patiently for the audience I asked for with Andrea Castellanos. I wonder if I let one of the lawyers who have already contacted me through this blog ask the administration for an audience with her would I get one faster? Maybe. 

I am congratulated for being such a great advocate for Jason. But not everybody has a "me" so what happens to those people? It's a scary world we live in. A scary world.

No comments:

Post a Comment