Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Slow Down...

Yesy helped me start the coffee; in the coffee maker I moved in here the day I thought I would dorm here for 2 weeks over the holidays. Bustelo coffee wafts passed his room air circulating vent. I 
Hope it does something for him. Awakening some memory, evoking some cognition that will bring him
Back sooner than later. It might have but we won't know for sure just yet. 

Yesy and I talked and watched. trying to not agitate him, as he seemed to become more and more restless. Sipping Bustelo like old Spanish ladies back in the day eating cheese and crackers. But we are a little more Uppity. Not using Cheez whiz like our fore-mothers but carving from a block of Brie with Pita Crackers.

Peaceful always comes to mind when you see this place. Tranquility and Zen usher you into the perfect place for rehabilitation.

But then maybe I rushed it.

For the first time since getting here Jason needed a PRN. This is basically a dose of sedating medicine that is given "as needed". I can't help but feel Responsible. I was there with Sammi and Yesy and I put on the TV for him and played that crap Drake music for him and talked maybe too loudly and I interrupted his ZEN. 

That could be the reason but unfortunately will never know. The problem with this condition is that it is very temperamental. One day it might not like the color of my shirt and the next day it might not like the tone of my voice. so we have to tread softly around everything that could be a trigger and try to see if anything is constant. While doing this you have to try not to get your feelings hurt. Some days are definitely better than others. 

Jason is starting to fall into steady sleep patterns. He sleeps for a couple of hours consecutively, which excites and terrifies the shit out of me and the doctors. If you hit your head you should be woken up every few hours to make sure you are coherent. How can we effectively check incoherent Jason?

So we watch him close his eyes and pray that he is only resting and keep an eagle eye on his vitals. 

54 anxiety lbs dropped and counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment