Saturday, December 26, 2015

May Peace Be with You

Of all the unexpected moments of this holiday a gift from my old high school teachers Ms. Valentin and Mr. Mendez was the only one that didn't make me
Cry hysterically or feel so terrible that the kindness of strangers was caring for my family. I read this outloud as soon as I got it and it brought me an overwhelming sense of peace. The kind that calms your nerves and makes your heart a little more still. The kind that lets you sleep into dreamless sleep and awaken without panic that you did something wrong. For the first time in weeks I slept and didn't wake up with my chest tight or in a state of panick. I felt ok. I think it did the same for Jason because yesterday for the first time he rested an entire night without incident. I sincerely thank all of you, for just a little bit your thoughts and prayers pulled off a Xmas miracle: you gave both Jason and I some peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment