Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Everybody's Got There Something

November 11, 2015 - Veteran's Day/ Day 26 since this started - Day 21 Since Incoherency




They keep reminding me this is going to take a long time. They way they stab and probe and test him, I don't know if they are prepared for that.




Jason is still on the ventilator. Jason is still sick.


The doctor was honest, "He could die, but we are hopeful he won't."




I appreciated the truth. It's like you are happy no one is lying. And upset they are so blunt.


Those words were like an anesthetic. I am suddenly numb.




He needs another LP - his 3rd since this began.
He needs another "pik" line.


Labs are back - IVIG didn't really work. Need to consider next lines of treatment.




I am trying. I miss my kids. All of them. I want Jason to look at me and ask me for Chipotle: double meat with white rice and beans in a bowl.





When sympathy makes you feel the urge to ask me how am I today.


I am not okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment