Sunday, November 15, 2015

The Little Things

I nap on two cushion less  grey chairs. I never sleep, just nap because every hour the nurse comes in to do something for Jason. Tonight we lowered his sedation, which in turned helped his breathing which goes back to the post just before this one. Hoping and praying to get him off the tube soon so he can be ex-tubated tomorrow or Monday. I wonder if DR. Oz's daughter Daphne would be pushed to the side for a small procedure as many times as Jason? He is on this stupid ass ventilator because of this procedure. I'm so annoyed at the mixed information and non chalant sense of urgency of the o/r department here.

A kind nurse got me a comfortable chair. The a-typical blue chair I couldn't get to in this room because it was hidden by Jason's monstrous machinery. She didn't have to do that for me but she went the extra mile and I appreciate that. little things are appreciated. Nothing brings total comfort and O don't actively seek but as I sit on a chair that is softer than the last and lean in to a cushion that meets the curve of my back I am grateful.

Whoever prayed for me to have comfort today God gave me a blessing.

Can I ask you for one more thing? Please continue to pray for Jason?

Thanks


1 comment:

  1. Sweetheart...we don't know each other, but I pray for your son and your family, and will continue praying for his complete healing and your continued strength. As one mother to another, I want to say that I don't know how you do this, but I know EXACTLY how you do it. Your love for your son is providing him with strength he so solely needs right now, and I'm sure he appreciates you being there. Keep your head up, and know someone is thinking of you and Jason. God bless.

    ReplyDelete