Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Recommendations

The IVIG was completed and we waited to see if it took affect. His storming was worsening his teeth grinding was drawing blood. I cursed out a resident over her "to-do list". Apparently Jason's bloody mouth was on the list and not done yet. We were looking for signs the IVIG was starting to work. For  now the fact that his eyes no longer danced around were all we had. He seems to be more focused - but he still does not acknowledge anyone's presence or show coherency.


Dr. Honig came and offered recommendations.
Jason is young and athletic - and the 189 BPM did not phase him. In fact he said it was ok. As long as it was not sustained for long periods - he could get up that high. To a level called Tachy-cardic.
The resident who listened took notes and for (4) days as I watched with my heart in my throat my son was part of the Road Runner's club on a cardiovascular level while laying completely still in his bed. I was on the ass of every nurse and when they moved to slow for meds I flipped out. Half were not sure if I was his sister or his mother when I came yelling with a messy bun, Chuck Taylors and bell bottoms running through the halls for nurses and doctors to come quicker.


I tried balancing work and hospital. Making plans with others to take shifts. The baby was already taking any "helper" his father brought home as his new mom. Calling my sister Nicole - who looks NOTHING LIKE ME - mommy after meeting her for the first time since he was born.


I went to the hospital afterwork - stayed until 4AM went home showered, took the kids to school and daycare and his grandma showed up at 9AM. I called every hour in between and for (2) days it seemed almost okay. Then - his teeth grinding increased and the stories of his storming began to leak.


Wednesday morning I went straight to the hospital determined to catch every high ranking person I could. I walked into something I can't unsee - no matter how many times I try to wash it from my mind.


Jason was covered in blood. His entire mouth was black and burgundy with coagulated blood. He had grinded his teeth so violently it was suspected he broke his jaw.


What The Walking Dead shows is real. It really does look like that. But the thing is - when you see it on TV you don't care. In real life it is much different. I can't follow the show anymore. My nightmare is real now.


I tried to clean him all day - as I complained to every official I could.
I felt like The Governor. Although I hated that character I understood him tremendously as I stood there trying to clean up my real life version of Penny. He was wild and savage and with blood in hos mouth he still clenched his teeth. The tremble made me smear the blood more than clean it. But with more and more help from nurses we got off as much as we could. His lips were pink again - although his teeth were still stained and his tongue was still covered in splotches of black.

That night I wasn't leaving anymore. They don't watch him here. Some animal let him grind his teeth to the point where he broke his jaw and NOW that it is broken they show up with Botox. He grinded through all the mouth guards - gnawing through rubber and hard plastic and broke his own FUCKING JAW!


The came with Botox, injecting it in his jaw to prevent him from exuding such pressure. MY little 140lbs twerp is stronger than I could have every imagined. To date it has proven to be a blessing and a curse.


No comments:

Post a Comment